December 31, 2008

2008 Kawasaki KX250 & KLX250

Looks almost the same. But they far off two different bikes. I still want to find out more about these two bike. I've been wanting for a dirt bike for quite sometime now. The KX250 is a motocross, and the KLX250 is a dual-purpose enduro style machine. So which one to get? If you planning to slam this bike to the fullest, KX250 is the answer. Power and suspension are design to tortured you, not the bike. KLX250 has a street legal advantage. You can ride around town since it can be registered for road use, while the KX250 are meant only for offroad.



I sat down at Mok a few hours today, some paperwork to do for my claim submission. Since there's no bike my the porch except for my scoot, it felt kinda weird. So my interest to get a bike does push me a bit to know more about these two bikes. The KLX are price at RM23K and the KX is around RM26K. No registration needed for the KX, thus no insurance and roadtax. If those figure isn't that high, I know I'll bought one.



Doesn't looks much different. So why opt to get the KX? Mok and Kelana was there. Hohoho... it's totally different, said them. KX is a beast compare to the KLX. The KLX is dog, it'll obey.



KX has no meter, no lights, no panel, no switches, nothing. Even no battery. I'm liking it even more. >:)



Now you can see the real difference. Chassis are more solid. Engine looks more muscular. Suspension I was being told that the KLX couldn't stand extreme off-roading.

Tok Mat has been waiting for us to get one of these. I was told we could get it for the sum of RM5K-7K from a half-cut shop, but that seems a bull talk. My pocket aren't deep enough to spend RM20K for a toy. Even if it's RM10K, I has to consider twice. But I want one. Hmm... Then again. I want it ALL (Queen style). Right?