December 14, 2008

BMC Air Filter for 2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R

Getting the best isn't that necessary. Getting that fit you requirement most is.

I option for a BMC Air Filter than K&N since word around is BMC is much better. And there are two type of them, a race version and a street. Hehe.. I go for the race version. It was claim to have 25% more air flow than the street. I guess the air that flow through the air is too much now. I had backfire when install the BMC compare to the standard air filter. Cool!


Fitting the BMC is now that complicated. Take out the tank, and open up the cover than swap it in. 1,2,3.


You can't tell much the different between the race and street version. Even the part number written on the filter shares the same number with each other. The yellow marking line differentiates them. Race version has this marking and the street one doesn't.


Guarantee limits.


Kawasaki ZX-10R OEM filter. Cost you about RM100.00. Recommended To change every 20,000km. But the BMC last for a lifetime.


My standard filter. After 11,000km of usage. These direct ram air system really gave the filter a hard time.


Neatly tuck in. They made them red so it'll be noticeable. Hmm... Correct ah?

So is it good? It's great!

I just took my bike for a track day today. The difference in noticeable. My bike sound better than before. It had that Darth Vader gene a bit. But I might say that to get full potential of this mod, you need to dyno and add up the PCIII. My air suck in to the bike has increase, so you need to play with them fuel injector to balance it back. The back fire I'm experiencing proves that.